Red Hollow Slot Canyon is perfect for individuals that thrive on stemming, bouldering and making their way through impossible narrow slot canyons. There are no access issues and no permits needed to enjoy the canyon. Just fifteen minutes from the parking lot you can saunter through a beautiful hollow to a short but impressive bit of canyoneering paradise. The Elkheart Cliffs rise on both sides of Red Hollow Slot Canyon providing impressive scenery. Be aware, however, that water flows after it rains.
This is a classic slot canyon where vertical walls are substantially deep and one can walk on the walls of the canyon with one shoe pressed against each side. Even when the slot is dry, it is difficult to get up and over a couple of the boulder obstacles near the end. The wash is normally dry, but when there is water it is usually from snow melt. If it’s raining and water is running, stemming the slot canyon becomes difficult. Be aware that like all slot canyons, Red Hollow can be very dangerous when it flash floods.
To reach the trailhead, go to the small town of Orderville Utah. Turn right on 100 East and drive until the road “T’s.” Turn left and continue past the paved road and onto the dirt road. Park at the dirt parking area near the fence. Avoid the fenced area by dropping into the wash. Follow the cobblestone streambed into the hollow. Beautiful red cliffs rise to the southeast. About 300 yards ahead the canyon walls close in on both sides and Red Hollow Slot Canyon begins.
- More Attraction DetailsSave to ListAddress: Red Hollow Slot Canyon
Orderville, Utah 84758
- Local Points of InterestLocal RV Parks:
Zion Crest CampgroundLocal Restaurants:
Sammie's Pizza, Forscher German Bakery & Restaurant, The Rock Stop Coffee ShopLocal Shopping:
Terry's Food & Drug, KB Express, Orderville Mine Rock Shop, White Mountain Trading Post, Joes Rock Shop
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Attraction Category: Scenic Hike
- Are you looking for a fresh take on a summer …
- When it’s the season for freshly caught fish, Baked Trout …
- Traditionally served at holiday time, eggnog is actually good anytime. …
- In less than 1 hour, you can make this Black …
- It seems everyone loves specialty coffees. Why not make Coffee …
- Lentils Au Gratin is a vegetarian dish which is a …
- Times have sure changed! In my youth, the only real …Read More »
- We’ve never been ones to park our RV in the …Read More »
- It’s about time to Prepare for the camping season! I …Read More »
- Camping, outdoor activities or emergencies, a quality hand-held flashlight can …Read More »
- As the heavy snowpack across Minnesota melts under warming temperatures, …Read More »
- The Jayco Eagle HT 264BHOK was awarded the Category Spotlight …Read More »