Have questions about using the RV Travel Guidebook website?
General User Questions
Becoming a RV Travel Guidebook Registered User provides expanded features that will make your visits to our site much more productive!
- Registered Users can Rate and Review RV Parks, Attractions and Restaurants. Share your experience and help fellow travelers learn about the best places to See, Stay and Eat!
- Registered Users can share images of their experience at a listing. Good time or bad time…a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Registered Users can build their own Favorites List. Keep track of your favorite places to stay, things to see and food to eat by clicking on the Red Heart icon. To view your Favorites, Click on the link in the “My Account” box
- Registered Users can create Meal Plans using the recipes posted in our Recipes section. Create meal plans for a weekend, week or longer. Meal plans take the stress out of those What’s for Breakfast…Lunch or Dinner questions.
- Registered Users can create Recipe Shopping Lists from individual recipes, multiple recipes or Meal Plans. Generate an accurate Shopping List in seconds for the meal plan or recipes you want to use on your next RV adventure. Eliminate the stress of wondering if you have all the ingredients you’ll need.
- Registered Users can access their Meal Plans and Shopping Lists on their PC, Tablet or Smartphone.
- Registered Users that own a business in our directory can Claim their listing and take control of it’s contents
- Plus we’ll be rolling out more Registered User features in the coming weeks!
There’s no reason to wait…and every reason why you should… Register Today!
We know that security is important to you.
That’s why we’ve made sure that your information will always be secure by installing SSL protection throughout our site! Whether your subscribing to our newsletter, creating an itinerary or anything else on RV Travel Guidebook…your information is protected by SSL encryption.
Whenever you’re traveling the internet, you can be sure your working in a safe environment when you see the GREEN Padlock in the address bar. Where ever you go in RV Travel Guidebook you’ll find a Green Padlock! We’re proud to provide you with a safe and secure environment to enjoy as you learn more about RVing or plan your next RV adventure.
No, all of the RV Travel Guidebook resources can be viewed by the general public. However, becoming a registered user has real advantages.
Read our FAQ “Why Become a RV Travel Guidebook Registered User?” for more information
Can’t remember your RV Travel Guidebook password? No problem!
- Click on My Account in the Main Menu
- In the My Account box, click on the “Lost Your Password?” link.
- Enter the email address you provided when you registered, confirm that you’re not a Robot… and press Submit.
- An email will be sent to the email address you used when registering. That email will contain a link where you can either enter a new RV Travel Guidebook password of your choice or use the suggested password.
- You can now use that new password along with your existing username to log in.
There are so many things to keep track of these days…and in our opinion, an RV Travel Guidebook App would just add to the pile! That’s why we’ve developed our site so you won’t need an app.
Our responsive site design automatically adjusts its layout to fit perfectly on whatever device you’re using…PC, Tablet, Pad or Smartphone. Even our images are responsive…making an RV Travel Guidebook App unnecessary.
We think life, including your travels, should be simpler! So we work hard to keep RV Travel Guidebook fun and easy to use. We hope you appreciate that as much as we thought you would!
The RV Travel Guidebook Location Manager makes finding what you’re looking for fast and easy! Use our Location Manager to search for RV Parks, Attractions and Restaurants around the United States. Search by State or by City. You’ll find the Location Manager in the upper right hand corner of any RV Travel Guidebook page.
Search by State
- Move your cursor to the Change Location link in the main menu.
- Click on the Region box to activate the available options, then click Select
- Begin typing a regions name or scroll down the list. Click on your desired location.
The resulting page will show you a selection of the RV Park’s, Attractions and Restaurants in the area. Click the View All link for a category to see all the locations available.
Search by City
- Move your cursor to the Change Location link in the main menu.
- Click on the City box to activate the available options, then click Select
- Begin typing a cities name or scroll down the list. Click on your desired location.
Again, the resulting page will show you a selection of the RV Park’s, Attractions and Restaurants in the area. Click the View All link for a category to see all the locations available.
On your PC, Laptop or Smartphone, the RV Travel Guidebook Location Manager makes finding your next destination a breeze!
RV Travel Guidebook Tags are another powerful way to help you find the perfect place to stay or attraction to visit! Say you plan to travel along Interstate 70 from Columbus Ohio to your final destination in Silverthorne Colorado. Clicking on the Interstate 70 or I-70 Tag will show you every RV Park on or near I-70, making the decision where to stay along the way fast and easy! You can use this tool to find RV Parks along specific Interstates and Highways or in specific States or cities. Its another way that RV Travel Guidebook makes planning your next RV adventure interesting, fun and easy.
Where do you find RV Travel Guidebook Tags?
You’ll find RV Travel Guidebook Tags near the top of the Sidebar in every RV Park and Attraction page, just below the Add to Favorites Heart. Using these Tags will make finding places to stay and things to see along your route fast and easy! Using RV Travel Guidebook Tags can help you find all the RV Parks or Attractions in a State or City. They can also assist you in locating the RV Parks and Attractions along a specific Interstate or Highway. Don’t miss getting to see an attraction because you didn’t realize it was on the way to your final destination. With RV Travel Guidebook Tags you’ll see it all!
If you would like to share your opinion about an RV Park or Attraction, click on the Red Write a Review button at the top of every RV Park and Attraction listing. You must be a registered user to post a review.
The first portion of the review area allows you to rate the RV Park or Attraction for Value, Service, Cleanliness and other key aspects. This is a Star Rating system with 1 star being the worst and 5 stars being the highest rating. You can also provide an Overall rating for the RV Park or Attraction you are reviewing.
Have your own pictures of the listing you are reviewing? You can share them with your fellow RV Travel Guidebook readers. In the Drop Files to Upload box, click on the Red Select Files button. In the File Upload pop up box, select one or all the image files you would like to share and click the Open button. The image(s) you selected will be uploaded into your review. You can change the order of the images you uploaded by clicking and dragging the images into your preferred order.
The last section of the review area allows you to post a written review of the RV Park or Attraction. Keep in mind that RV Travel Guidebook is a G rated website. Any reviews containing inappropriate language will be deleted and the users profile will be blocked.
When you’ve filled in as many of the Review options as you would like, make sure to click on the Red Post Review button to submit your review.
Absolutely! Adding your Recipes is just one of the many benefits of becoming a Registered User on RV Travel Guidebook. Once you’re registered, just log in and click on the Add Recipe link found in our Main Menu and in our footer. Fill out as much information as you can to make the recipe clear and easy to understand, add an image and follow the instructions given. When you’re finished, click submit and your recipe will be added to our growing list of recipes!
Meal Planner Questions
- Click on the calendar icon under the recipe image.
- Click on the Date field and select the date you wish to add the recipe to.
- Select the course you wish to add the recipe to from the dropdown menu.
The recipe you have selected will be added to your Meal Planner. Tip: Once a recipe is added to your Meal Plan, you can Pick & Drag it to any other date or course you desire.
- Place your cursor on Recipes in the Main Menu found at the top of any RV Travel Guidebook page.
- Click on Meal Planner. You’ll be taken to the Meal Plan for the current week. Move forward or back in time by clicking on the arrowheads in the date line.
Tip: You can also access your Meal Plan directly through any recipe by first, clicking on the calendar icon under the recipe image. Then, click on the blue Meal Plan link in the upper left hand corner of the pop-up box. You’ll be taken directly to your Meal Plan and no recipe will be added to your plan.
Once you complete all the modifications to the meal plan period that you want to generate a Shopping List for, click the “Generate Shopping List” button found at the bottom of your meal plan. Then…
- In the date boxes that appear, set the start and end dates for the shopping list that you want to create.
- Select whether you want the list generated using US Imperial measurements or Metric measurements
- Once the first two choices are made, click on the Check button. The Shopping List will generate right below your meal plan.
If you decide not to generate a shopping list, Click the X button. The shopping list generator will be closed.
Shopping List Questions
Go to Recipes in the RV Travel Guidebook main menu and select All Recipes. Select a recipe from the list, and click on it. When the individual recipe page is loaded, select the shopping cart icon under the recipe image. This recipe is now in your Shopping List.
Yes. Continue your recipe search by returning to the main recipe list. Select another recipe from the list, and click on it. When the individual recipe page is loaded, select shopping cart icon under the recipe image. This recipe has been added to your Shopping List. You may continue these steps until you’ve added as many recipes as you would like. Your shopping list will automatically adjust to include all the ingredients for all the recipes you’ve added.
Go to the RV Travel Guidebook main menu and hover over Recipes. The drop down box will include Shopping List. Click on that. You are now at your shopping list page. Selected recipes are in Blue and all ingredients for the listed recipe(s) are grouped by category underneath. You may add additional recipes to your Shopping List by using the drop down box at the top.
Ingredients which appear the same will be combined into one measurement (i.e., recipe 1: Milk 2 oz + recipe 2: Milk 4 oz = Milk 6 oz total.) If the measurement is different (i.e., recipe 1: 1 large onion + recipe 2: 1 small onion) then the items remain separated on your list. For continuity try using the same units of measurement if possible. Explain the differences in the notes box instead of the ingredients box. (large, small, chopped, diced… etc.)
Any listed recipe on your Shopping List can be removed by clicking on the trash can icon next to the name of the recipe. The adjusted Shopping List will only display the remaining grocery items.
Just adjust up or down on the Unit Servings button to the right of the recipe name and the measurements for those grocery items will automatically be adjusted in your list for the new serving amount.
If you’re generating a recipe on your tablet or smartphone, when you “Save” the Shopping List, it provides a link where you can reopen your shopping list on your mobile device and use to click off items as you purchase them, just like any shopping app.
As part of the Save function, you can also have it send an email that includes the list itself as well as the link to the live shopping list. Use the link to open your shopping list on any device you choose.